Includes CO2 and O2 sensors. Optional modules: Temperature, Humidity, VOC and pH.
- Includes CO2 – O2 sensors
- Optional modules: T1 (flexible thermocouple), T2 (thermistor), Humidity, VOC and pH.
- User-friendly touch screen interface
- Compatible with any incubator on the market
- Diffusion or Aspiration gas sampling modes
- Sampling tube and de-humidification kit included
- Long-term logging
- USB OTG for data downloading to a USB flash drive
LEO includes the CO2 and O2 sensors and features two connection ports to connect up to two optional temperature sensor modules at the same time.
LEO can be customized to use the same labels assigned to each of the incubators present in the laboratory
LEO will store the measurements and display them in table or graph format.
LEO can perform the measurements in SINGLE POINT mode or LOGGING mode.
In SINGLE POINT mode, LEO acquires the data and stores it in local memory.
Data is displayed in table format.
In LOGGING mode, LEO acquires a sequence of data at a pre-set time interval.
Sequence duration and time interval must be set by the operator.
Data is stored in local memory and displayed in table format and in graph format.
CO2 – O2 Sensors
The CO2 – O2 sensors are always included in LEO and are contained in a removable part. They feature local memory storing the calibration data. LEO reads the calibration data from the sensors module upon powering on.
- CO2 range: 0-20%
- CO2 accuracy: ± 1.0% of Full scale + 2% reading (at 6% ±0.32%)
- CO2 Sensor: Non-Dispersive InfraRed (NDIR) dual wavelength detector with pressure and temperature compensation
- O2 range: 0-25%
- O2 accuracy: ±0.1% of Full Scale (at 6% ±0.25%)
- O2 Sensor: Fluorescence-based optical sensor
LEO comes with built-in standard intuitive calibration routines for CO2 – O2 sensors. Calibration requires a reference calibration gas or another reliable measuring device.
When needed the sensors module can be extracted from LEO and sent out for calibration to any accredited calibration laboratory.
Gas Sampling modes
LEO allows sampling gas from the incubator in two ways.
- Diffusion mode: for incubators featuring a gas sampling port with spontaneous outlet
- Aspiration (Pump) mode: for incubators featuring a gas sampling port without spontaneous outlet
In both cases, if gas inside the incubator is humid, prior de-humidification with the MOISTURE TRAP is needed (MOISTURE TRAP is included in LEO).
Diffusion sampling mode
- Gas flows spontaneously into the sensor module without flowing through the Aspiration Pump and is released from the Outlet port.
- The sampling tube should be connected to the Input port with the icon
- This sampling mode is ideal when the incubator features a sampling port with spontaneous outlet.
Aspiration (Pump) sampling mode
LEO activates the Aspiration Pump and withdraws ca. 100 ml/min of gas from the incubator, forces it into the sensors module and releases it from the Outlet port. The sampling tube should be connected to the Input port with the icon
Gas is released through the Outlet port and can be re-injected into the incubator.
LEO measures CO2 and O2. Additionally, it can measure two temperatures are the same time. Each sensor module stores the calibration data in its own local memory. Leo detects the Temperature sensor and reads its calibration data upon connection.
- T1 is a small, ﬂexible immersible thermocouple, ideal for measurements in liquids, such as tissue culture media.
- T2 is a thermistor, ideal for measurements of incubator temperature, accessed through the sampling port.
Temperature sensors calibration can be performed by activating the intuitive calibration routines available in LEO (Requires availability of a certified thermometer).