Software Interface Overview
Because the XYRCOS/XYClone software is user-friendly and easy to learn, you’ll be up and running in no time. Unlike mechanical piezo systems that can take months to master, the software allows even novice users to perform laser ablation quickly and easily. Simply position the area to be ablated under the target and fire the laser. As one user said, “one of my colleagues was using the laser and she picked up the operation during the first session.”
Laser Control Panel
The laser control panel provides access to all controls needed to adjust the laser power, pulse duration, and activation. The pulse duration may be adjusted using either the “slider” or numeric control. The slider can be configured for adjustment in increments of 1 µs, 10 µs, or 100 µs. When the power and pulse are set, the laser may be fired by mouse or by an optional remote foot control. By selecting “Hide Target” the target becomes invisble for easier viewing of post-ablation results. In addition, a Double Laser Panel allows configuration of two separate power and pulse settings for applications where changes in settings are needed quickly.
Choose between a circle, arrow, or the unique Isotherm Rings as your target locator. The Isotherm Rings appear on the screen as a series of six concentric circles of varying colors, and indicate the drill hole size and the maximum temperature reached at the ring diameter. The Isotherm Rings automatically adjust for every power and pulse time combination. In addition, you may select which rings to view.
- Capture and store unlimited images in JPG, TIF or BMP formats, with ability to set automatic image naming.
- Images may be automatically captured on laser fire.
- Unlimited images may be stored to the thumbnail image gallery.
- Images may then be saved individually or all at once to the output directory.
- The entire thumbnail gallery may be printed to a single page for archive purposes.
Video Recording and Playback
For presentation, archiving, and teaching purposes, the ability to store video of procedures is invaluable. The simple one touch record and stop controls are easy to use. Video files may be named automatically or manually. Videos up to 1000 seconds may be recorded, and you can select to further limit the length of videos to help preserve disk space. Both real-time and time-lapse videos may be recorded.
The Documentation option provides the ability to measure captured images using the built-in measurement tools. In addition, the software automatically calculates the mean and standard deviation. The measured and calculated values are transferred into the report at the touch of a button. You may also choose to create a report that can hold 2 images and measurement data, or 4 images with no measurement data. Images may also be saved with the overlay of measurements made. Data also may be saved into an ASCII format.
Image Annotation Tools
There are two types of Image Annotation Tools: Auto-Image Labeling and the Annotation Toolbox.
- With Auto-Image Labeling, the user can automatically add specific text or report fields to each captured image. Font type, color, and positioning of the label is at user discretion. Unlimted labels may be pre-configured.
- The Annotation Toolbox allows addition of freehand text, shapes, and measurements to captured images.