Halosperm DNA Fragmentation Test
Halosperm® is an in vitro diagnostic kit that allows the measurement of sperm DNA fragmentation quickly, easily and without the need of complex laboratory equipment.
Halosperm® offers a better evaluation of semen quality since a traditional spermiogram fails to take in account the most important parameter, which is the quality of the genetic material that the sperm cell will transmit to the oocyte.
Halosperm® confers clinicians the power to make more informed decisions about the choice of assisted reproductive treatment best suited for each patient. In addition, Halosperm® is useful in donor selection and in evaluating the efficacy of male factor treatments. Lastly, sperm DNA fragmentation can account for numerous cases of idiopathic infertility and repeated abortions.
- Heat the eppendorf tubes in a microwave or in a water bath mantained at 100ºC for 5 minutes, to melt the agarose.
- Transfer the tubes to a water bath mantained at 37ºC for 5 minutes.
- Add 25 μL of the semen sample and mix.
- Place 15 μL of the mixture on the slide and cover with a coverslip.
- Put the slide on a cold surface and introduce it in the fridge for 5 minutes in order for the agarose to solidfy.
- Add 80 μL of the denaturing solution to 10 ml of distilled water.
- Take the slide from the fridge and remove the coverslip.
- Incubate the slide in the denaturing solution for 7 minutes.
- Remove the slide from the denaturing solution and incubate in the lysis solution for 25 minutes.
- Remove the slide from the lysis solution and incubate in distilled water for 5 minutes.
- Incubate the slide in 70% ethanol for 2 minutes.
- Incubate the slide in 90% ethanol for 2 minutes.
- Incubate the slide in 100% ethanol for 2 minutes.
- Leave to dry at room temperature.
- Stain with Diffquick
Click to download the relevant documents:
Halosperm Ordering Information
To Obtain a Quote
- Call us, complete our contact form or email us with your contact details, purchase order number and required quantity of products.
Please note £15 delivery charge per order. Volume discounts are available