EmbryoScope time-lapse incubator offers improved embryo selection through undisturbed stable incubation and time-lapse monitoring. It has been adopted worldwide and has been used to treat more than 300.000 patients.
The heart of the system is the EmbryoScope time-lapse incubator which provides a stable incubation environment while high quality images of embryo development are acquired. These images are used to create time-lapse videos of embryo development for analysis using the EmbryoViewer software.
Undisturbed stable incubation
The EmbryoScope incubator provides an extremely stable culture environment for embryos. Temperature is tightly regulated by direct heat contact and secondary temperature control in the incubation chamber and surrounding space. Air is continuously purified through a HEPA/VOC filter to ensure embryos are not exposed to any contaminants. The incubator features an integrated gas mixer for flexibility in selecting gas mixes and allows for easy and economical implementation of reduced oxygen culture. Finally, the small incubation chamber allows rapid recovery of conditions after closing the loading chamber. All instrument running conditions are registered and stored for easy review and for Quality Assurance purposes.
Optimal culture conditions:
- Tri-gas incubator allows fast and accurate regulation of CO2 and O2 concentrations with minimal gas consumption
- Unique temperature control by direct heat transfer to individual media-filled wells. Temperature is virtually unchanged by opening chamber (<0.2° C) when adding or removing patient samples
- Recovery of CO2 concentration in less than 5 minutes and O2 in less than 15 minutes after closing chamber
- Continuous circulation and purification of air supply with residence time of less than 20 minutes
- Air purified by active carbon and HEPA filter. Removes VOCs and retains 99.97 % of particles larger than 0.3 μm
- Simplifies compliance with EU Directive 2004/23/EC by automatic logging of running conditions such as temperature, CO2 and O2 concentration to patient data files
- Dry incubation without water pans eliminates problems with water condensation and fungal growth on surfaces in high humidity
- Fully automated detection and focusing of up to 72 embryos (6 patient culture dishes with 12 embryos in each dish)
- Image acquisition in multiple focal planes of all embryos
- High-quality Hoffman modulation contrast optics allows observation of key morphological features
- Special Leica optics designed for red light at 635 nm to eliminate high energy light exposure
View on the online EmbryoScope Brochure
|Purpose||For embryo evaluation|
|Description||Tri-gas benchtop incubator with integrated camera|
|Application||The EmbryoScope time-lapse incubator provides an environment with controlled temperature and CO2 for the development of embryos at or near body temperature while high quality images of embryo development are acquired.
Capacity: Six disposable EmbryoSlide® culture dishes holding 12 embryos each
Image acquisition: Select up to 17 focal points at each time point in user defined vertical increments
Tri-gas incubator integrated in instrument
Europe: CE-marked class IIa medical device